Sunday, May 13, 2012

Winding Down

Hard to believe I only have 3 weeks of school left... just 14 days of classes, then I will have finished my first year of teaching! Had you told me a couple of years ago that my first year feeding the Lord's lamb would be in Antigua, I do believe I would have laughed at you. But now I can laugh in joy, like Sarah, in wonder and amazement that He has chosen to bless me!

The rain continued for most of the week, though today the sun was out! Julie and I celebrated by walking to a beach. Granted we got lost along the way, and what should have taken about 40 minutes took nearly an hour and half! We enjoyed the warm sun and cool, lovely water. Both of us have pink skin as a reminder of our relaxing afternoon. Friend and co-worker Miss Christmas kindly gave us a ride back home so we wouldn't have to repeat the confusion of the trip.

In the middle of the week, we had our end-of-the-year teacher evaluations, conducted by school visitor Erik Landwehr and Principal Pastor Andrew Johnston. It kind of felt like I was getting my grade from Student Teaching all over again, but without the pressure and wondering if I would pass and be able to graduate.

Speaking of graduation... MLC graduation is this Saturday! Both Julie's fiancĂ©, Joe, and my boyfriend, Julius, will be graduating from the pastor track, ready to continue their training to be pastors. Joe will go straight to the seminary in Mequon, while Julius is going to detour to the seminary in Leipzig, Germany. Very exciting times! In addition to graduation, Saturday is also Call Day. If you will be watching the stream online, listen for my name! Pray that the Lord  places me where I can best serve Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment