Sunday, May 27, 2012

Musical Notes

Genesis Pan - my favorite pan group in the world!
Today was the last day, the last time I played steel pan at St. John's Lutheran. I had found my niche playing the 4-bass and grooved to calypso rhythms. Now I must say goodbye to the music, the 1 1/2 practices that often went long, and the people I messed around with every Saturday. I must say, we ended with a crash-bang finish. We learned the Hallelujah Chorus to play for the offering, and then we put together a medley of 3 songs we had played during the year. Too bad the chances of having a steel pan group in the States are not as good as having one in the Caribbean...


This afternoon I attended a piano recital put on by the students of Mrs. Sternhagen. Her youngest students are in Kindergarten, and her oldest students are in secondary school. It was a very nice program; it started on time and all of the children did a lovely job. 3 of my own second graders played for the recital. All were rather nervous but managed at least one smile.

Mahsha (blue) and Jada (pink)

Makayla (center)

No comments:

Post a Comment