Tuesday, March 06, 2012

A Visitor!

Well, 2, actually...

1) Joe Lindloff, fiancée to Miss Julie Boggs is on Spring Break from MLC. He made the long trip down to visit the beautiful island and his even more beautiful bride-to-be. They have been enjoying their time together, spending time at resorts (compliments of various church members), scuba diving (again, thanks to a church member), and frequenting the beaches. He arrived here on Friday afternoon and stays until early Saturday morning.

2) Professor Jonathan Roux, Director of Education at MLC came down to teach a class for the SJL staff. On Monday (a teacher in-service day) we had a 4 hour class for Teaching Spelling. Most of the material I had already studied while up on the Hill, but it was a nice refresher and I got some new ideas to help some of the children I am tutoring. On Sunday, the Johnstons, Joe, Julie, Prof, and I went to Half Moon Bay, a beach on the east side of the island, up to Shirley Heights to listen to a steel pan orchestra, and out to eat. I ate a burger. It was delicious! I am always eating chicken, so this was a very welcome return to an old American favorite.

Today was the day for report cards and parent/teacher consultations. I am rather pleased with how things went today. I was much more prepared than last time, remembered all of the notes I wanted to pass on to parents, and only 4 parents did not show up (an improvement from last term's 7). One more term and I should have it down pat.

~Shout out to my new baby cousin: Elijah Joel Free born to Joel and Cathryn Free Monday morning. Welcome to the family, Elijah!

No comments:

Post a Comment