Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Break from School

Julie, Jen, Peter, and me at Sting Ray City
You may or may not be aware that I do not do a very good job of putting things out of mind, especially when it comes to school. I overthink many things, and my weekends are often full of lesson planning, copying worksheets, and other school-related activities. This week was an enormous blessing! We did not have class. Julie's sister and brother-in-law (Jen and Peter) were visiting from Milwaukee. We had tons to do and lots of time to enjoy one another's company. And did I think about school? Nope! =)


The Kite Festival on Easter Monday at Devil's Bridge

Devil's Bridge
On Monday we did Sting Ray City, Devil's Bridge (and their kite festival), and Long Bay beach. Tuesday we did souvenir shopping in town and a church service for the Caribbean Conference. Wednesday I helped watch the children of the called workers visiting for the Caribbean Conference. (Those lovely gentlemen and their families included Pastor Johnston, Pastor Sternhagen, Pastor Richards (Antigua), Pastor Soukup (Grenada), Pastor Spiegelberg, Pastor Ramgolam, Mr. Landwehr (St. Lucia), Pastor Kehl (Wisconsin), and DP Pastor Guse (Georgia). Wednesday night was lots of food and fellowship. Thursday, Julie, Jen, Peter, and I purchased a day pass for the Sandals Resort: all you can eat/drink, use of their pools, beach, watersports, and other assorted activities. More fellowship on Thursday and Friday nights - even a brat grillout!!! Just a lovely, lovely week. It's a little hard and a little sad to be thinking that the week has come to a close and that school starts again on Monday, BUT I have been recharged, I'm excited for the next science unit, and I only have 7 weeks left in my first year of teaching. Am I even old enough to be saying that?!?! I guess I am...
From the front...
A view from the top
 And the most unique highlight from the week? I got my hair plaited! (pronounced platted) Yeah! The girlfriend of a friend's son took over an hour and a half to put braids in my hair. Everyone who sees me says they love my hair and think I look like a local. =) Put that together with my recent tan and I am ready!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! :) Looks like you had a wonderful week. Enjoy those last 7 weeks too...you know they'll fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Glad you like the hair! Yay for new experiences! :)

    ReplyDelete