Saturday, February 04, 2012

If a tree falls in a forest, and there's no one to hear it...

Not that it has anything to do with anything, but it popped into my head. Silly girl, I know.

This week was hard for me. I'm not sure if I have become accustomed to a better level of behavior from my kids, but this week they just were not good. I let the stress get to me way too much. My wonderful roommate and companion, Julie Boggs, encouraged me with God's Word, paying it forward from her own mother's encouragement.

8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.  (2 Corinthians 4:8-9)

2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.  (Hebrews 12:2-3)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.  (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

God is good! All the time! He does not give us more than we can handle, for in Him, we can do all things. (Really, He's doing it all, so why worry? I tend to, but that's beside the point.)

Fun update: dental work is expensive, no matter where you go.
Aida turned 5 today! Had a little party at school for her. Lots of cake, sugary juice, and small children. Tomorrow Julie and I will be at the Johnstons for a new member dinner, followed by the Super Bowl. Too bad the Pack isn't in it. Julie is excited because her hometown of Indianapolis is hosting and she is getting daily updates from family on the goings on in the city. Fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment