Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tropical Storm Irene

Just wanted to let you all know...

There was a tropical storm, misnamed Irene, that came through the Caribbean this past weekend. Sunday am from midnight to 8 the wind and rain was pretty constant. Church attendance was 17 and members had called us to warn us to stay inside to avoid the storm. Classrooms got some water, but no damage was done. I believe there were no major problems on the island. We have definitely had a lot of rain this week, but we are all safe and well. I understand the storm has become a hurricane and now is State-side. I must say I am very grateful that most of the systems that come through the Caribbean don't gather strength until they pass Antigua. I pray it will continue to be so. Prayers are with those who are taking the blast of these storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment